We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space, and we’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. The Logistics Safety Team is responsible for driving our safety program initiatives across our entire distribution network. We are continuously evolving our culture through an inclusive approach to health and safety with the intent to reduce the probability and severity of work related injuries and illnesses, while ensuring compliance and adding value to the overall operation. This is a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional team, and we are looking for strategic and passionate people to join us on this mission at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- Provide strategic direction and leadership on all security, loss prevention, and life safety related standards, systems, processes, and best practices across the network.
- Actively lead the security function for Logistics ensuring security team (contracted or other) consistently deliver on expectations, and provide qualified services to management, employees, and visitors in a professional, courteous manner.
- Develop and continuously improve security policies, programs, and measurement tools to enable the highest levels of security, life safety performance, and compliance.
- Prepare performance reports for management and executive leadership teams, including audit findings, investigations and reports of losses, violations and threats.
- Advise and assist in the formulation of loss prevention goals and objectives.
- Provide direction and oversight to contract security service providers across the network ensuring all policies and procedures are clearly understood and adhered to.
- Requests and assembles resources to address security, loss prevention, and life safety concerns.
- Develop, lead, and enable execution of the crisis management plan and emergency response programs, ensuring security personnel, management, and employees are prepared to handle anticipated emergencies.
- Develop and continuously improve our business continuity plan to ensure well-organized recovery during and after a crisis.
- Organizes exercises and drills to continuously improve the management team’s response to emergency situations; Ensure employees are properly trained and prepared to respond.
- Collaborate with Management, Legal, Safety, Talent Management, and Media Relations to resolve security and/or life safety related issues.
- Prepare and submit security/loss incident reports in compliance with company and insurance carrier requirements; Leads and/or or supports related investigations.
- Provide supportive feedback and coaching throughout the year to help management achieve security performance objectives.
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with regulatory agencies, industry security and life safety professionals, vendors, and suppliers.
- Share security, loss prevention, and life safety best practices and benchmarking across all sites within the network.
- Effectively manage operating costs related to security, loss prevention, and life safety operations.
What You’ll Need
- Advanced degree or equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position, or 10 years of experience of increasing responsibility within security, and/or law enforcement/intelligence field, including 5 years of experience leading a comparably sized organization in private sector corporate security or a related public-sector organization.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of security and life safety concepts, best practices, policies, programs, and procedures; Preferably in a retail distribution environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, laws, and regulations applicable to a security and life safety program.
- Proficient with physical security design, development, and implementation.
- Be credible and with strong reputation for honesty and integrity, this person should be energetic, proactive and imaginative.
- Demonstrates professionalism and composure and prioritizes work efficiently; must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Experienced in the investigation of internal and external crime.
- Sound business skills such as budgeting, strategic planning, and good decision-making ability.
- Proven success meeting tight deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning all information and projects.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.