Who We Are:
Are you passionate about operations and process improvement? Are you excited about the opportunity to help build a new group that is going to be part of the team that shapes an entire industry? Are you looking to hit the ground running and have an immediate impact in a highly visible role? If so, you could be a great fit for Wayfair’s Operational Excellence team within the rapidly growing fulfillment and logistics operation.
Wayfair’s future-state fulfillment network is expected to scale to 3x the size of today’s network by 2023. Our Operational Excellence team will be the team that enables the continuous improvement of our physical processes across sites, helps establish a culture of waste elimination and defect reduction across the organization, and acts as a central interface & process experts for other stakeholders across the Wayfair organization.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated and entrepreneurial leaders with demonstrated capabilities to join our Operational Excellence team. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. A desire to be where the work is happening and to roll-up your sleeves and partner with our front line teams is a must. The candidate must also be able to develop trusting relationships with key cross functional teams, command strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing OpEx managers passionate about improving processes and building a culture of continuous improvement.
We aspire to build a world class team and are open to different backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have an affinity to technology and experience with lean management and or operational leadership with a background in consulting, site/front line leadership, or industrial engineering preferably in E-Commerce fulfillment or manufacturing environments.
What You’ll Do:
- Be part of a team that owns one of the core processes (e.g.,Outbound, Over Pack, Returns) across our fulfillment network with responsibility for driving process consistency and improvement encompassing safety, speed to customer, quality, and efficiency
- Standardize processes and create consistency across our fulfillment network
- Partner with our fulfillment leaders to create a culture of continuous improvement and waste elimination by building capabilities and acting as an agent of change
- Lead/facilitate events and workshops with our fulfillment teams
- Drive high visibility projects and implementations for your process area start to finish
- Act as a coach to fulfillment center Operations Managers and Supervisors
- Be a subject matter expert with respect to your process area
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams in designing and building our warehouse management systems
- Collaborate effectively with groups company-wide, including Engineering, Warehouse Operations, Planning, Category Management, Supplier Performance, Data Integration, Merchandising, Product Performance and Logistics
- Travel regularly to our sites to work alongside the teams doing the work (40%+ travel)
What You’ll Need:
- MBA preferred, Bachelor Degree with 2+ years of post MBA operations improvement, project management, and/or entrepreneurial management experience
- Background in site/front line leadership, industrial engineering, or consulting preferably in E-Commerce fulfillment or manufacturing environments
- Analytical and process improvement skills
- Relevant experience in Lean Six Sigma/Continuous Process Improvement practices
- Exceptional communication skills across various levels of leadership and ability to partner with all levels of operation in the field
- Ability to inspire others to strive towards a culture of Continuous Improvement - with high energy and coaching approach