SCRUM Master - Virtual Media Engineering
- Be an agile evangelist to the Development Team to the Development Team, the Product Manager and Wayfair.
- Facilitate Scrum events and Backlog refinement.
- Help remove impediments and blockers that the Development Team cannot remove on their own.
- Assist and participate in Wayfair Agile & Scrum trainings.
- Help create an Agile community of practice within Wayfair.
- Introduce new concepts and methods based on past success that compliment the Scrum framework and encourage Scrum Team growth.
- Ability to “read a room” and at times hear what is not being said.
- Create a safe place for the Development Team to do their best work.
- Protect the Development Team and help to eliminate things like multitasking and other anti-patterns that create waste.
- Facilitate team agreement creation, road mapping and other team building activities.
- Demonstrated and referenceable experience as a Scrum Master, implementing the Scrum framework as intended according to the Scrum Guide™.
- Ability to articulate the benefits of Scrum and how it promotes Agility across the organization.
- Know the difference between outcomes and outputs. Coach the Development Team, Product Owner and Wayfair the value of focusing on the right one.
- Great communication skills, good self awareness and not afraid to admit when you are wrong or have made a mistake.
- Scrum Master certification preferred. (CSM / PSM)
- Participation and contribution to Agile/Scrum Meetups, conferences and other industry/community events.
- If you have experience with creating and tracking OKRs, that would be really cool.
- Experience in restaurant, hospitality, military or any job that required you to be of service to others highly preferred.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.