Who we are:
Our Data Tech Architecture team is looking to add a DevOps engineer to the team. This is a
small, but global team that has a major impact on the business, working on enterprise wide
projects. They define the technical architecture to ensure the availability, integrity, scalability,
and performance of our back end data storage platforms that support our customer facing sites
and internal applications.
Who you are
● A C#/.Net, PowerShell engineer with a passion for building infrastructure, data
management applications & tools.
What you’ll do:
● Develop solutions focused on infrastructure and data management
● Work as a member of a cross-functional group of engineers and MVPs to deliver data
management applications. A few examples of data management applications: Metadata
catalogs, Configuration services, deployment tools, Identity & access management etc.
● Contribute to resource estimation, technical design, implementation, documentation,
testing, and deployment of custom application solutions and system integrations.
● Responsible for hands on development using C#/.NET/PowerShell
● Translate high level architectures into application storyboards and use cases into
● Understand the basics of SQL Server concepts, related technologies (Windows, Failover
clustering, high availability, etc.) and will apply knowledge in service design.
What you’ll need:
● Must have 5+ years of Database developing
● Must have strong understanding of CI/CD processes for C#, .Net , PowerShell code
(should be able to write code from scratch)
● Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework/.NET Core and specifically
● Must have 5+ years of experience in the entire Software Development Life Cycle
(SDLC). (in-depth knowledge and understanding)
● Must have experience developing Web APIs using RESTful Web Services frameworks
● Familiarity with using build and release processes and tools (Visual Studio, Visual Studio
Code, Octopus Deploy)
● Must understand Desired State Configuration
● Must have experience with developing C#, .Net applications and PowerShell modules
● Must have experience with T-SQL
● Nice to have experience with BI technologies (PowerBI, Tableau)
● Nice to have experience with cloud-based environments (GCP, Amazon, Azure)
● Nice to have experience with Windows Server/Active Directory/Failover Clustering
● Nice to have experience with Terraform, Puppet & Packer
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.