Wayfair’s Inventory Trust team is seeking a thoughtful, driven Product Manager to drive key strategic platform initiatives through data and technology.
We are entrepreneurial, value-oriented, visionary decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home and drive growth for Wayfair’s third-party logistics service (CastleGate). We are building a world class inventory fulfillment data platform that supports global growth in our warehousing network. We leverage data, user-centric design, system design and architecture, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve network excellence, fueling company growth. The ideal candidate will be an experienced manager with expertise managing software projects and products. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
What You'll Do
- Develop a prioritized 3PL (third-party logistics) platform roadmap to advance the organization’s application and understanding of inventory data
- Set KPIs and utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Communicate regular updates regarding team initiatives, performance metrics and impact of product enhancements to key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Lead system architecture/design discussions with back-end engineers and other Wayfair system and platform teams
- Run agile sprints for a team of back-end engineers
- Lead and mentor a team of Product Associates
- Work closely with senior leadership across the organization to ensure your vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Translate high-level business needs for platform support into detailed phases and specifications, with defined product acceptance and readiness, while communicating business value to stakeholders
- Counsel leaders in Business and Operations as the subject-matter expert on all inventory data systems and technologies
- Influence future strategies across a diverse range of internal teams
What You'll Need
- 3+ years Product Management experience working in an analytical, quantitative, technical environment.
- Experience in gathering business and system requirements, with the ability to fluently discuss technical concepts to evaluate tradeoffs and new opportunities with a team of back-end engineers
- Background in sprint execution, and a proven ability to manage stakeholder relationships across multiple cross-functional teams
- Desire to untangle complex, subtle problems with strong design philosophy
- Deep understanding of business strategy and product development lifecycle; able to connect how quantitative and technical work aligns with business priorities and value
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights - proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- A strongly collaborative mindset and effectiveness in a cross-functional environment with the ability to manage through ambiguity and adversity to establish strategy and deliver against business goals in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Willingness to travel to warehouse and distribution sites as needed
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.