CastleGate is a business-to-business, technology-enabled logistics company tuned for ecommerce within Wayfair. CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. The strategic principle of CastleGate is that we can create value by aggregating volume and developing unique and sophisticated technology solutions that no one supplier could afford to build. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. CastleGate partners with hundreds of home goods suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. This is a distinct competitive advantage for Wayfair and a primary driver of our future growth and success.
The CastleGate team is developing, commercializing, and operating these services, and partnering with Wayfair suppliers, to accelerate business growth. All stakeholders are winning: consumers see a more compelling value proposition, suppliers’ businesses grow, and Wayfair grows while establishing a formidable competitive advantage.
CastleGate is growing quickly, and at the same time our service offering is expanding rapidly, which introduces both more power and more complexity to the solutions we offer. Continuing to drive this rapid progress will require a senior leadership team capable of building and executing strategy, developing innovative and high caliber teams, and partnering with suppliers at the most senior levels to advise them on making transformational decisions about the way they operate.
What You'll Do
As part of the CastleGate executive team, there are a number of areas that you can have an impact. Two key parts of our organization are highlighted below:
- Growth and Innovation: Grow and lead a high-caliber team that is building deep, highly-integrated, trust-based relationships with our supplier-partners; and act as a senior sponsor to develop key accounts. Actively coordinate with other senior leaders across Wayfair who work on or in these categories, act as a member of the senior leadership team by helping to define overall CastleGate strategy. Advise and persuade C-level leaders at the supplier organizations we partner with, and operate effectively at the highest levels internally at Wayfair.
- Strategy and Operations: Partner with the leader of one of our major categories to develop a strategy to use product availability as a major level of category growth, and then direct the execution of this strategy. Combine creativity, analytics, and an understanding of business operations, and relationship management. Work to strategically select suppliers and items, make supply-chain optimization decisions, and develop other new, category-specific solutions. Work and collaborate with teams across the company such as category management, warehousing, engineering, and finance, and regularly engage with C-level executives, including the COO and CEO.
What You'll Need
- MBA, or equivalent, strongly preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably in consulting or technology companies
- Proven experience directly managing high-performance, analytical teams, to consistently meet KPI goals
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior executives and functions to achieve objectives
- Capability to articulate, persuade, and communicate, while being able to earn the trust and buy-in of senior executives
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Innovative problem-solving skills – ability to dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.