Wayfair Professional serves business customers in many industries, including Interior Design, Commercial Office, Contractor, Hospitality, Property Management, and Education. Although already generating over $1B in sales annually, we have barely scratched the surface of this $200B+ opportunity. Our goal is to become the preferred platform for professional project planning and sourcing for any industry by empowering businesses to make good spaces great so they can ultimately be more successful themselves.
Our Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
What You’ll Do
The Associate Director of Product Management will lead our “Best-in-Industry” team which focuses on optimizing our website and app experiences for all of the industries our professional program targets across the entire shopping funnel (homepage, browse, search, sales, product page, recommendations, navigation, and more). This person will lead a cross-functional group of engineers, QA, analysts, product designers, and product managers and drive the vision + strategy for the team while ensuring we effectively execute the road map to maximize the impact we have on our customers and the business.
While we already have many ideas about where this person should focus, the right leader will come up with her/his own sense of where to lean in to create impact. Key responsibilities will include:
- Forming a deep understanding of our many different customer types: Developing empathy for the different challenges businesses encounter across multiple industries will be important so you can figure out where and how we can differentiate the Wayfair Professional experience.
- Setting the vision + priorities to deliver massive value for our customers: As the owner of the entire shopping funnel, you’ll need to figure out where to invest your team’s time + energy to have the biggest impact and be able to successfully rally them behind that mission.
- Driving implementation of strategic cross-cutting initiatives: Partnering closely with a variety of partners across the business, such as category management, site merchandising, marketing, and sales operations, to build experiences that touch the entire customer experience. There’s very little that we do that doesn’t affect other teams, so building strong relationships with key partners across the organization will be critical to your team’s success.
- Motivating + leading your team: Wayfair prides itself on hiring smart people to tackle tough problems and then giving them the keys to drive while providing support when needed. As the leader of the Best-in-Industry team, you’ll be responsible for creating an environment that encourages collaboration, challenges everyone to deliver their best work, and facilitates learning to help people achieve their long-term career goals -- all while having a lot of fun and having a big impact.
What You’ll Need
- Action-oriented: You thrive in fast-paced environments that encourage smart risk-taking and rapid iteration. You take a phased approach to launching new features so you can learn along the way. You’re willing to take a stance, then work to confirm or reject your hypothesis as new information becomes available. You absorb new information and use it to question your current assumptions/beliefs, then exercise good judgement to decide what, if anything, to change. In other words, you have strong convictions loosely held.
- Excellent leader, manager, and mentor: You’re passionate about helping others learn + develop. As a senior member of the product organization and the leader of your Storefront team, many will look to you for direction and support. You have a demonstrated track record of building amazing teams that accomplish great things together, and you foster a psychologically safe environment where team members feel challenged but supported.
- Crisp communication - you craft clear, compelling, polished messaging that resonates with a wide variety of audiences, in a wide variety of formats (e.g., slide presentations, prose memos, workshops / meetings, etc)
- Relationship building - throughout your career you’ve built trust-based relationships with people with a wide variety of personality types, seniority levels and functional disciplines.
- Results delivery - you have proven experience developing a strategy and driving results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy.
- Strategic thinking - you can think both creatively/abstractly, and analytically/quantitatively. You’re as comfortable hopping up to a whiteboard to break down a problem in a group meeting as you are drawing insights from raw data.
- Data fanatic: You love digging into both the quantitative and qualitative data, and rely on it to make sound decisions. You’re able to distill down lots of information into actionable insights that help you chart a course for the team.
- Entrepreneurship - you develop your own ideas of how to be most effective for the broader business; help us identify new opportunities to work better, smarter, and faster.
- Winning approach - you’re an excellent listener, a confidant and a collaborator. You’re likeable, engaging, humble, perceptive and constantly seeking to learn. You’re innately curious. You’re intrinsically motivated, resourceful, resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, intellectually (and in all other ways) honest, curious, not afraid to speak your mind, and ambitious.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.