Pay is $20/hr + 10% Bonus
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Dedicated Operations team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Receiving operations and insure the functions are use correct. This is a floor position, and will involve physically moving/processing products in addition to working along the team.
- Help manage the inventory. Work areas include: receive and put-away of product. Perform regular cycle counts to ensure inventory is accurate and up to date.
- Conduct necessary training within department and ensure the proper use and accountability of tools
- Ensure hours and functions are recorded correctly (e.g. time clocks). Delegate and assign work to keep a 100% fill rate.
- Utilizing WMS to ensure correct inventory, processing of damages, reverse logistics, and quality control.
- Update all Wayfair Systems with any order changes that might come your way.
- Proactively monitor order management systems to ensure that late orders and orders with issues are processed as quickly as possible.
- Support our Customer Service and Sales teams to make sure that our customers know they can count on us to meet their delivery needs.
- Most of your time will be spent problem solving, but you may occasionally be asked to help in the warehouse, answer customer calls or handle small parcel items that ship with UPS or FedEx.
- Perform unload and receive of inbound furniture orders which will require manually moving some large, heavy goods.
- Use scan technology to document pertinent carton level information, including condition, quantity, and warehouse location of material.
- Pick deliveries from inventory and stage them by truck and stop number.
- Daily dispatch routing knowledge using Descartes routing tool
- Routing deliveries to reduce mileage, increase stops and maximize capabilities of trucks
What You'll Need
- Working understanding of WMS system and scan technology. Comfort with Microsoft office suite and learning new technologies.
- Ability to make decisions with little to no guidance based on policies or common sense.
- Power Equipment experience – Must be able to operate or willing to be trained on Powered Industrial Truck Operations (PITO)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to work a dynamic schedule with variable hours. (i.e. Early Mornings, Weekend Days)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and detail-oriented skills.
- Customer Centric approach.
- Experienced in Logistics, Transportation and/or warehousing; Experienced in more than one department (i.e.: receiving, inventory control, pick, pack, ship and return of product).
- Strong, consistent work ethic, and ability to work strategically as part of a team
- Extensive knowledge of local and regional delivery areas supported by station, knowledge of traffic patterns and obstacles that can impede dispatched routes