Wayfair is seeking a copywriter with 1–3 years of professional writing experience to create engaging, clear, and persuasive product description copy for Wayfair’s Lifestyle Brands (Joss & Main, AllModern, and Birch Lane). The ideal candidate is an amazing writer, analytical thinker, and detail-oriented editor with a passion for home furnishings and decor who works well in self-directed environment.
You will be joining a fast-paced team of talented in-house creatives. The majority of time will be spent writing product descriptions that adhere to each brand’s unique voice and SEO best practices.
- Rock-solid writing skills, including the ability to write in a unique brand voice.
- Strong proofreading, research, and editing skills.
- Attention to detail and 100% accuracy.
- A proven self-starter who thrives in a positive, team-driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively required, as writers must manage their own workload to meet constant deadlines.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Google sheets, and other copyediting or authoring tools.
- Degree in higher education.
- 1–3 years of professional writing experience.
- E-comm/retail experience, product description writing experience, and SEO experience a major plus.
- Portfolio of writing samples required.
- Applicants will be asked to complete a writing test.