Program Manager - B2C Sales Test and Learn Team
The B2C Sales organization is experiencing explosive growth, driving the need to support our customers in a myriad of channels while ensuring exceptional service and positive shopping experience. As a result, B2C Sales Innovation and Enablement team is a newly formed strategic department supporting Wayfair’s inside salesforce. The Inside Sales team is comprised of product experts and sales agents who help our B2C customers select and purchase more complex, design-heavy, or technically sophisticated products from our ever-expanding assortment. Our product-centric sales teams are in Utah, Texas, New York, and Massachusetts, Ireland and Germany. People, Process, and Technology are the 3 pillars to Sales Innovation and Enablement team.
What You'll Do
In this new role, as manager of the test and learn team, you would oversee the growth and expansion of the strategic incubation team. The test and learn group, is B2C Sales “tip of the spear” selling team, responsible for testing new technology, operating models, and advancing hypotheses and ideas the B2C leadership group wants to make further investments in. The 15-agent team is in high demand, with interest from category management, site merchandising and product management groups who want real time access to Wayfair customers, and an opportunity to rapidly test, measure, and refine concepts and ideas. As manager of this team you would be helping to grow and manage the incubation team as well as partner with the wider Wayfair ecosystem on prioritizing, evaluating, and measuring success. Additional responsibilities below:
- Create and monitor strategies to hit strategic category revenue goals partnering with Sales Growth team
- Develop end to end processes to support new category specific programs
- Create business requirements for technology, testing, and training initiatives
- Work with test & learn team on preliminary Proof of Concept tests
- Work with field on implementation and refinement of new programs
- Interact with product focused sales teams on delivery success, process improvements and solving challenges
- Contribute to building the Sales Innovation department and convey innovative ideas that question the status quo
- Example of Project: Help figure out customer contact cadence for customer follow-up and customer channel communication preference. This requires defining technology required, any new processes to implement and a way to test and monitor success
- Example of Project: Create a playbook for a product focused customer journey; refining, measuring and defining call flow and end to end customer journeys.
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 5 + years of progressive leadership experience managing teams, major projects, and business growth
- Management experience desired
- Proven track record of managing Sales teams
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- A demonstrated record of project management and driving results
- Ability to work independently and motivated to move beyond existing practices
- Creative thinking with customer focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.