Are you a highly collaborative, team-oriented leader who is eager to take the helm of a large team and/or project? Do you get a thrill out of innovating to turn brand new processes into finely-tuned, ultra-efficient, humming machines? Do you have a knack for getting a group rallied around a central mission and excited about trying new things in order to tackle tough problems? Do you get excited when you solve a problem using data? If so, you should join Wayfair’s Merchandising team in our growing Brunswick, ME office! The Wayfair Merchandising team creates and maintains our catalog of a zillion things home, making it easy for our customers to navigate and find exactly what they are looking for. This team gathers and creates data and images on millions of items from thousands of suppliers, across many countries and languages. It transforms the product information and images received into experiences that allow consumers to find exactly the right item, with all the information they need to confidentially purchase.
The Maine Merchandising team is hiring across a variety of roles here in Brunswick. All roles will help lead their team in refining processes to further improve the quality of Wayfair’s merchandising. As the Assistant Manager, you will have the opportunity to leverage and develop existing leadership and analytical skills, while driving the evolution of processes and tools to ensure our teams are supported, efficient and successful. Being successful at Wayfair requires comfort with rapidly changing direction, the ability to work with people of various styles in an open office environment, the drive to proactively solve problems and a deep appreciation for collaboration and partnership.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead by example and foster a culture of collaboration and development
- Drive a team to deliver on specific throughput KPIs while ensuring maximum quality outputs
- Recruit, train, motivate and coach new members of a growing team
- Develop cross-functional partnerships across the company to continually improve processes
- Partner with technology teams on a tech road map that delivers tools for scaling our processes
- Evaluate existing processes for efficiency opportunities and automation
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience managing operational teams while balancing production/quality metrics
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - ability to leverage raw data to inform coaching process and strategy
- Proven ability to solve difficult problems creatively with innovative solutions
- Ability to perform root cause analysis of problems and implement solutions with limited guidance
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to communicate when things don’t go as planned
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated success influencing senior leaders
- Demonstrated use of technology to automate processes with focus on driving efficiency and cost savings
- Proficiency and comfort with Excel
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information