We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the loading master provides order fulfillment to our customers with high efficiencies and accuracy. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You'll Do
- Identify and provide feedback on loading improvement opportunities.
- Review daily load plan.
- Conduct in-process load inspections.
- Review FCR for coaching opportunities.
- Conduct trailer audits, stage audit items and corrections.
- Unload and receive inbound furniture orders which will require manually moving large, heavy goods.
- Use scan technology to document pertinent carton level information, including condition, quantity, and warehouse location of material.
- Proactively monitor order management systems to ensure that all orders have been received properly and that detailed descriptions are provided for any Overage/Shortage/Damage issues.
- Work effectively with peers and managers.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
Wayfair is committed to making reasonable accommodation for all positions to allow an environment in which candidates may perform the essential job duties of the position.
What You'll Need
- Ability to load safe, secure and highly utilized loads.
- Ability to successfully coach, mentor and influence others.
- Strong, consistent work ethic.
- Comfort with scanning technology.
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience in Distribution or Logistics is a plus.
- Experience working in High Jump is a plus.
- Flexibility to work shifts that may include weekends
- Must be comfortable handling up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Frequently bend, twist, push and pull, sit and stand for 8 hours or more.
- Must be comfortable to work in a noncontrolled warehouse environment with industrial ceiling fans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance. Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years old for this position.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.