Are you a versatile content strategist who gets excited about solving challenging problems for a wide variety of users? Do you want to use your skillset to help users get quick, useful answers to their questions? Do you use logic, data, research, and empathy to determine the right content to surface at the right time? If so, we’d love to talk with you about this opportunity to join the Enterprise Product Design team at Wayfair!
We’re currently seeking a UX-focused Content Strategy Manager to drive the content strategy for both supplier-facing and internal tools, supporting the content experience from UI elements to contextual help. In this role, you’ll work alongside a team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to collaboratively shape product experiences by creating useful, relevant content. This is not a content marketing or social media-related role.
As a primary owner of content including style guides, notifications, error messages, B2B emails, and more, you’ll play a critical role as we evolve our tools to provide a more cohesive and effective experience for our suppliers and internal employees.
What you’ll do
- Lead a small team of 1-2 UX Writers to drive the execution of content deliverables
- Develop a strategic vision for content strategy across a dedicated area of the business (e.g. warehouse logistics, catalog, sales, and customer service)
- Partner with engineering, product owners, and design teams to deliver and maintain scalable, effective, and consistent content, including inline help, UI elements, and supplier-facing communications
- Provide ongoing qualitative and quantitative measurements of content usage and effectiveness
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how users interact with our products and tools, and use data to drive content decisions
- Optimize the end-to-end content management workflow, driving quality standards and successfully balancing workloads
- Carry the Wayfair brand voice through multiple channels, while driving product-specific tone and style standards
Desired skills & experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of content strategy for internal and/or B2B audiences (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and conversation-mapping skills, as well as a deep understanding of how to identify user problems
- Experience driving content strategy deliverables, such as content audits and content inventories
- Ability to think holistically, understanding how design and content work together to provide users with a seamless experience
- Familiarity with user experience research principles and practices
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills
Note: Please be able to provide 2+ examples of your content writing work or a portfolio that demonstrates your content strategy and thinking process.