Do you want to be a part of a seasoned, highly collaborative Engineering team? We are looking to grow our technology organization by hiring a ServiceNow Developer to help maintain and evolve our ServiceNow instance. This is a unique and innovative deployment of ServiceNow, so we’re looking for someone who’s excited and motivated by moving quickly, using technology to solve unique internal challenges, and supporting a rapidly growing organization.
This role is also embedded within Wayfair IT’s “Technology Experience” team, meaning there’s a unique and important focus on end user experience and feedback. In service of Wayfair’s continued growth and expanding employee base, this team is responsible for ensuring all employees have a positive, productive, and effective interaction with IT.
What you will do:
- Providing support for multiple teams looking to embed their workflows into ServiceNow - these teams could include IT teams and business teams looking to improve efficiency, reporting, and end user experience
- Working with business stakeholders and our systems analysts to understand requirements and recommend solutions
- Applying agile methodologies to project-based work, and being comfortable delivering in phases, starting with a minimum viable product, and generally being able to break projects up into necessary tasks to plan work effectively
- Helping other engineers outside of immediate team to understand the platform and build better integrations for it, through meetings with other teams, office hours, documentation, and other sharing of best practices
- Partnering with the team to directly shape the roadmap for the tool and platform
- Building new functionality and configuration across the entire ServiceNow instance
- Promoting scripting best practices that ensure overall platform speed and stability
- Bringing in suggestions and ideas on how to make the tool better and more integrated with our internal workflows - innovative, big-picture thinking is a big plus!
Who you are:
- Experience working with the ServiceNow tool (configuration and administration)
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts and MS SQL
- Familiarity with any of the following in ServiceNow: ITSM (Incident/Problem/Change/Request/Knowledge/Asset/SLA), ITOM (Discovery/CMDB)
- Direct experience with stakeholder management from requirements gathering to UAT to post-production verification and close-out of projects
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.