Associate Director, Inventory Planning and Availability
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve the online consumer shopping experience while developing a competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery guarantees, lower costs, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. To accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. Suppliers ship inventory directly to Wayfair warehouses on consignment. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially.
Wayfair is looking for a driven, analytical leader with proven experience in planning, relationship management, driving organizational change, and championing innovative thinking to help lead the Inventory Planning and Availability function. This team is at the forefront of building an innovative, scalable business strategy for Wayfair and its’ suppliers. This role will lead a team of inventory planners that partners with suppliers to optimize inventory positioning for in stock availability and fast delivery (2-day speed badging). The availability model has been created to drive a competitive advantage for Wayfair: by increasing the product availability with speed, Wayfair can improve customer experience and drive significant revenue growth. There are multiple ways to improve availability, through Wayfair-owned inventory, the CastleGate program, or through Supplier drop-ship fulfillment.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of inventory planners that partner with Suppliers to manage supplier’s inventory, align on supply plans and maintain in-stock, speed, turns and inventory health targets. Incumbent may also lead the planning for top tier accounts.
- Build and grow strong mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers to develop strategic supply chain replenishment methods, promote category goals and ultimately drive customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders (owners, COOs) of supplier partners.
- Partner with internal partners in Account Management, Category Management, S&OP, International Supply Chain, Warehousing and Operations to align on supplier relations. In order to do this the candidate will need to be highly effective at managing data, people, and processes that would result in optimal Inventory Planning decision-making and successful execution across all sourcing options.
- Partner with Operations Product Innovation (Systems Product Management), Operations Research, and other Operations teams to refine the infrastructure of technology, data, people, and processes that would result in optimal Inventory Planning decision-making and successful execution across all sourcing options.
- Work with cross functional partners to continuously improve the framework by which availability members can engage with suppliers to drive success, including synchronization of data/inputs, replenishment execution, forecast consumption, and performance management.
- Develop a framework for inventory planning methodologies for different product characteristics.
- Identify the KPIs for measuring success of the availability program and its suppliers, while actioning the necessary steps to build and deliver these KPIs.
- Develop a team capable of making decisions independently including sourcing strategy, positioning, demand consolidation, replenishment, inventory management, along with cultivating a strong supplier communication skill set.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or an Operations discipline.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Experience in inventory planning, supply chain, operations, consulting or strategy with direct management experience preferred.
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results.
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently partner with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve objectives.
- The ability to analyze large data sets to deliver clear, actionable insights.
- APICS certification is preferred.
- Proficiency with SQL and BI tools and platforms (i.e. Tableau) is preferred.
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree preferred