Associate Director, Service Engineering
The My Account team is responsible for providing a world class online help experience to our global customer base. With about 2 million orders a month, nailing this part of the Wayfair customer's journey directly drives customer satisfaction, increases customer lifetime value, and improves our operational efficiency. We get close to a million contacts every month across our US, Canada and European call centers. Contacts are one of the biggest costs we incur today and a key strategic lever for us to pull as we scale. We believe that in order to get to our goal we need to have a highly reliable, scalable, and performant transactional communications platform that supports proactive and conversational customer communication. The post order communications group is tasked with doing just this. This team is also looking into building an AI platform for other online help teams to use as we move aggressively in the direction of automating customer requests and deflect contacts.
What You'll Do
- Build a strategy for overhauling Wayfair's post order transactional communication platforms.
- Oversee the Customer Assurance team responsible for proactive, timely and accurate order updates for our global customer base.
- Work closely with architects and other managers on the team for major initiatives.
- Work closely with product and business partners to build and align on team's strategy.
- Drive the roadmapping and planning efforts for your entire org.
- Help grow other junior and senior engineering managers on the team.
What You'll Need
- Hands on leader: You are an effective people manager that enjoys collaborating and mentoring a team of talented engineers.
- Demonstrated expertise building highly scalable, performant systems.
- Demonstrated expertise building and growing highly productive Engineering teams.
- Comfortable to work in ambiguity with a strong inclination towards fast execution and iteration.
- Track record establishing and driving technical advances, reducing tech debt and making significant improvements in systems
- You want to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods - working closely with product leaders, design leaders and other engineering teams.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.