Associate Director, Sales & Service Engineering
The mission of our Sales and Service Engineering teams is to connect customers to products they love and ensure they have a best in class experience when shopping with Wayfair. We're looking for a talented and highly technical, hands-on engineering leader to guide Wayfair's efforts as we build robust Sales and Service platforms, that will scale alongside our continued growth for years to come.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Own the technical vision for Service - My Account features working with a wide range of engineering managers and technical leaders.
- Have a strong and measurable impact on performance of the Service Engineering teams and on the overall customer experience (Net Promoter Scores).
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved Service Management tools to delight our customers and provide them useful information about their orders.
- Demonstrate an affinity for creating strategies and executing against them, knowing when to adjust course
- Constantly challenge the status quo and develop an ambitious team that will set a best in class course for Wayfair's service experience.
- Collaborate across Engineering, providing subject matter expertise to other teams and driving cross-functional initiatives that positively influence Wayfair's overall performance and growth.
- Be a magnet for talent, enabling hiring, development and advancement of individuals and the team.
What experience and qualifications will you leverage to be successful?
- Experience leading multiple Engineering teams, developing and managing Managers, and enabling high performance.
- Deep technical knowledge to allow translation of vision in to a concrete and executable strategy.
- Demonstrated technical leadership capability with the ability to identify trade-offs and manage risk in a team.
- Experience partnering with multiple Business, Operational, and Product Management stakeholders in setting direction and timeline for multiple Engineering teams.
- Natural Language Processing and AI/ML experience are a plus.
- Experience with Service Platforms, Automated Service Workflows, Bots, and AI/ML-driven decision making a plus.
- A passion for having developers as customers, and enabling their ability to adapt and flourish in a fast paced rapidly scaling tech organization.
- Ability to quickly solve or seek solutions in an agile, fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.