Senior Product Analyst, Advertising Measurement
The Advertising Technology Product Management team builds world-class, data-centric, and user-friendly advertising technology platforms and solutions for Wayfair, LLC. This includes leading innovation and development of campaign management tools, marketing automation, and much more! This team works closely with Marketing, Data Science and Engineering to customize and design solutions to create, scale, and manage effective Marketing campaigns of all shapes and sizes.
We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst to support our Measurement Data Science group, partnering with Marketing teams to design and analyze results from advertising experiments which gauge the incremental value their efforts are adding to the business. This role will support and develop our suite of Measurement solutions; a wide variety of splitting and modeling tools which we combine to measure the incremental “lift” from advertisements in key business metrics across Wayfair’s Marketing channels. This work is critical for evaluating and improving our advertising efforts, and is a key focus area for the business overall.
Within these Measurement solutions, this person will act as the subject matter expert, driving adoption across a wider set of applications and use cases. This role will also evangelize and socialize these tools across stakeholder teams while promoting Measurement best practices and explaining the concepts underpinning these experiments. The individual in this role will excel in inter-departmental communication while gathering feedback and requirements on the measurement process and efficacy of our solutions.
To be successful, this person will need to quickly integrate with and understand the way that Wayfair’s unique Marketing business model works. Strong analytical skills will enable this person to assess impact and pivot when necessary. Although this is a technical role, technical background is not required -- interest in statistics and experimentation with ability to learn quickly are essential.
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with Marketing teams to identify and understand their measurement needs, design solutions, and translate them into projects for Data Science
- Join forces with Engineering teams to create new products and continually identify areas for streamlined workflow through technical or operational solutions
- Scope technical projects, prioritize requests, and manage sprints for the Data Science team
- Support ad hoc requests, answering questions on statistical and experimental concepts
- Create internal and external network of peers that can help drive projects forward
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of experience working with various kinds of data which can include product management, performance marketing, and/or consulting experience
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable navigating a data-driven business environment
- Clear and concise communication, often of complex statistical and modeling concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Comfort with statistics and SQL experience are both a plus
- Ability to understand basic Python or R code would be an extra plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.