Wayfair’s App team is responsible for the Webby-winning mobile shopping experience on all of our brand sites. We go beyond a simple search—select-purchase experience to include rich visual media, support for your account profile and more. We also build internal apps used across Wayfair.
We are currently hiring two mobile architects: one for Android and one for iOS.
What You’ll Do
- Provide high level overviews and bottom level detail for all apps, partnering with architecture and engineering teams across Wayfair
- Recognize where we have existing tech debt and chart our future course
- Ensure we are on the right track for continued development and features on your platform
- Look at new tech and continue to incorporate critical initiatives such as VR and AR into our apps
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years’ experience of increasing scope in mobile/app design and development
- Ability to paint a vision for non-technical stakeholders and translate that vision into engineering needs
- Willingness to mentor less experienced developers
- Ability to influence engineering groups whose core interests are not rooted in mobile dev
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 13,000 people.