Are you passionate about creating scalable operational processes? Are you comfortable with technology and data? Do you have experience leading teams and driving innovative and continuous process improvement? Do you want to live in Maine while working for a fast-growing company with lots of opportunity to make an impact? If so, the Wayfair Merchandising team in Brunswick, Maine is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and process-driven manager to join our business as we continue our ambitious plan to build the best online home goods catalog.
Merchandising at Wayfair is the team that creates our catalog of items and makes it easy for our consumers to navigate and shop the full catalog. We gather data and images on over 10 million items from thousands of suppliers, across many countries and languages. We transform the data we receive into usable information in our systems so that consumers can find exactly the right item, judge if it fits their needs & aspirations, and so that consumers are shipped the right item.
We are looking for an experienced manager to help us grow our presence in Maine. This is a great opportunity for a hands-on manager that is ready to hit the ground running in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment. While Brunswick will be your home base, you will partner closely with cross-functional partners in Boston, requiring frequent travel to Wayfair’s dynamic Boston headquarters. We guarantee you will never be bored at Wayfair and there are always opportunities for professional development in a company growing at such a rapid pace. The ideal candidate has successful strategy consulting, project management, people management, and data analysis experience combined with a passion for finding efficiencies within every process.
- Drive customer satisfaction and trust in purchase decisions by improving the quality of product information
- Directly lead a team of 5-10 Analysts to deliver specific throughput KPIs while ensuring maximum quality outputs
- Set the vision and roadmap for the team; stay organized while pivoting and refining strategies as priorities evolve and change over time
- Be solution-oriented and able to take an ambiguous idea and formulate sound decision-making by using business rationale and data
- Evaluate and measure existing processes for efficiency opportunities and produce new tools and processes as initiatives and business needs change
- Work cross-functionality with various teams and stakeholders (many of whom will be in the Boston office) to identify and execute on high priority, high impact projects
- Proactively communicate progress and performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Convey innovative ideas that question the status quo and demonstrate significant return on investment
- Partner with internal technology partners to define and drive the tech roadmap, including developing software and tools to automate and scale our processes
- Act as a senior leader in the growing Brunswick office, model professional behavior, and mentor teams that don’t directly report to you
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with well-developed collaborative instincts and skills; comfort influencing senior leaders
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform with limited direction
- Proven ability to solve difficult problems with innovative solutions
- Analytical mindset with comfort making data-driven, ROI-based decisions and trade-offs
- Extensive experience working with Excel (SQL a plus)
- Demonstrated use of technology to automate processes with a focus on driving efficiency
- Proven ability to successfully manage a team and provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Evidence of ‘resourceful startup execution’ and a ‘get it done’ attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, stress, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Strong understanding of Wayfair customer and shopping experience
- Experience in e-commerce a plus
- This role requires frequent travel to the Boston office for cross-functional partnership
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.