Wayfair’s Software QA team is growing and we are looking to hire a Software QA Manager for Operations Engineering team. You will empower your team to help improve all aspects of our internal tools and systems used to build, populate and manage aspects of operating our e-commerce business. Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth. Above all: we are dedicated to improving the quality of our products.
What you’ll do:
- Help define testing and test automation coding norms, oversight of their implementation, and promoting continuous improvement through periodic reviews.
- Support your team to qualify functionality and performance of our internal tools.
- Recruit, hire and lead a team of Software QA Engineers and Analysts.
- Mentor and grow your team.
- Provide thought leadership for Engineering and Product in all areas of software quality, including the deployment process. You will identify meaningful trends and practices so we can release quickly and with high confidence.
- Be involved with scaling our automated testing in a continuous integration environment, defining and evolving our testing strategy in service of team and company objectives.
Who you are:
- You have managed or led Software QA Engineers for 3+ years and possessing strong aspirations for leading a team.
- Your experience is 8+ years of hands-on software quality assurance in manual and automated spaces.
- You have worked in high paced scrum environment and able to provide specific details.
- You can demonstrate solid knowledge of SDLC.
- You are able to “roll up your sleeves” as a player-coach. You are excited at the prospect of seeing the individuals on your team grow and succeed under your guidance and leadership.
- You are an excellent motivator and multi-tasker with strong ability to effect change, influence, and collaborate within a technical team and also with company leadership.
- You have experience with qualifying applications that rely heavily on relational databases.
- You can demonstrate basic coding skills and ability to differentiate between automation needs and wants.