Wayfair’s Brand Experience team leads creative for physical retail, pop-up shops, and special events. We’re currently looking for a well-rounded experiential stylist with a background in visual merchandising and event design to join our small but fast-growing team. In this role, you’ll work hand-in-hand with creative directors, buyers, marketing managers, and retail staff to bring our brand to life in new, immersive experiences for our customers across North America. A knowledge of experiential design is essential, a familiarity with interior design is strongly preferred. Ideal candidates will relish in the unexpected and be comfortable wearing many different hats. One day, you’ll be designing merchandise layouts virtually and influencing planograms; the next, you’ll be concepting an in-house event for 500+ guests; and the next, you’ll be working hands-on with store associates to install visual merchandising displays in a physical retail setting. We’re looking for someone with experience staying organized in a fast-paced environment and a knack for problem-solving. ***To be considered, candidates will need to submit a portfolio of related work. Online portfolios are highly preferred. However, you can also upload PDFs of your work in the cover-letter section of the application.
What You'll Do
- Proficiency in visual merchandise storyboarding and space planning.
- Ability to provide examples of exceptional talent for merchandising design, set design, or production design.
- A superb eye for visual composition, style, and attention to detail.
- A deep and demonstrable understanding of retail and event industry standards and best practices.
- An instinctual devotion to interior design trends, with an insider’s perspective on the market.
- Collaborative outlook, with the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
What You'll Need
- BA from relevant top-tier institution
- 3-5 years event styling or visual merchandising experience in a retail setting
- Online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques
- Able to lift and move packages and items of 25-75 lbs. on a daily basis
- Must be willing to travel for periodic retail/pop-up shop openings and events depending as needed
- Candidates with AutoCAD and/or SketchUp experience strongly preferred
- Ability to provide 3D renderings of work is strongly preferred
- Set design, art and/or design background is a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe CC and Microsoft Office a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.