This role is a Virtual position & applicants are not limited to one specific state.
Wayfair is seeking a solutions-oriented Sales Manager II who loves to drive and motivate highly performant sales agents virtually. Reporting to the Head of Sales, The Sales Manager II is responsible for guiding agent and manager performance and growth for a team of inside virtual sales managers, and delivering revenue and profit growth. This leader will have strong hands-on general management skills with a proven ability to drive transformation in a high-growth Virtual sales environment.
The Sales Manager II role is highly cross-functional, working closely with sales leadership and operations to grow our B2C sales channels and its agents.
What you will do:
- Develop, manage and coach a small team of managers of inbound teams to build successful sales teams
- Use your critical thinking skills to partner with the Sales Innovation Team to help influence and improve process enablement
- Partner with the Head of Sales to improve selling messages, implement new processes or pilot new ideas
- Build working relationships with sales agents who report to sales managers
- Conduct quarterly skip levels with sales agents to help team morale
- Support development of the sales vision and implementation of strategy to exceed customer experience targets and revenue goals
- Make recommendations and/or takes corrective action to manage performance as appropriate
- Work closely with Human Resources and senior leadership to address and resolve employee issues
- Provide extensive coaching and counseling, and manage performance
- Support Training and nesting activities to ensure cohesive process and new hire roll out
- Analyzes trends based on historical data to close performance gaps
- Reviews time off requests as appropriate to match staffing level requirements
- Respond in a professional and courteous manner to escalated customer service inquiries, requests or complaints to reach an effective resolution
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic leadership style with excellent interpersonal skills – willing to be hands on and can connect with staff at all levels and effectively manage change
- Experience managing virtual sales teams with demonstrated track record of results and an ability to close performance gaps
- Able to independently manage and drive personal workload
- A competitive spirit and drive to succeed
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Analytical and data driven
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- College degree preferred or equivalent job-related experience
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8-hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
- Ability to handle and solve all types of customer service issues via phone, chat and/or email
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.