Product managers at Wayfair are entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web, app, and platform experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
OPI Supply Chain & Logistics is building and scaling a world-class end-to-end platform designed for the Home, with a mission to enable an unparalleled delivery experience for Wayfair’s customers, market-leading tools and visibility for Wayfair’s Operations and Suppliers, and powerful cost leverage for the company. We work to drive up speed & convenience to the customer and cost efficiency across the full value chain, from manufacturing to home delivery, with products that range from tools and visibility to algorithms and simulation engines, operating at global scale. We’re building a platform that will become a wide moat for Wayfair, now and into the future.
The Supply Chain Data & Integration - Order Platform Product team is responsible for defining, building and maintaining from its nascent stage to a Global Platform that supports Order lifecycle end-to-end. We integrate with several supply chain systems to identify best fulfillment supplier and best possible route, in addition to several other checks, to delivery on or before defined delivery guarantee timelines. As part of the Order Platform, the order information is stored optimally to provide access to information for reporting, analytics and post-checkout actions in a secure and efficient way while maintaining data integrity. As inbound orders in the future, not only comes from storefront but also from multi-channel, retail, and partners, now is the opportunity to lay a foundation for Order Platform that is scalable, flexible and reliable, interconnecting into different parts of the supply chain systems. While the processing function of the platform is defined, we need to determine foundational data architecture to support future business growth and execute on the plan. To accomplish this, we partner with our several internal teams like Order Processing Product (part of the platform), Warehouse Management System, Business Intelligence, Global Services (My Account), etc., to define requirements and we partner with our Engineering teams to design and build the functionality that drives successful outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- You will drive technology solutions to support the rapid growth and expansion of Wayfair’s growing and complex supply chain network.
- Develop and maintain a technology platform roadmap and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on workflow optimization and process definition while communicating performance metrics.
- You will serve as an internal subject matter expert on all facets of the technology platform.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives.
- You utilize data to understand the scope, impact, and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features.
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements.
- Advance Order Data Platform as the single source of truth that enables all elements of the supply chain.
- Localize Order Data to be in compliant with regulations while being a global data platform.
- Provide detailed order information to Global Services for quick and complete issue resolution .
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of product management experience working with order management platforms, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights while understanding business strategy and metrics.
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology.
- Ability to think strategically, and tactically while managing through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages.
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Partner with our Business Intelligence team to identify and define data points and contracts they need to unlock business value that supports future growth and improves customer experience. On the technical platform side, partner with engineering to define stability, availability and Real-time Data lag SLAs and execute to the plan.
- Enable availability and visibility of order data to Order Actions team (Order Returns, Cancellation, Replacements) by defining access methods / service layer while limiting direct access to underlying data to maintain security and integrity.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.