Program Manager, Recovery Logistics
Wayfair continues to build industry-shaping infrastructure and capabilities in Operations to fuel growth and delight our customers. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, curious, and high-energy program managers to execute strategic initiatives that propel Wayfair from 7B to 10B in sales and beyond.
One major priority we have as a company is Reverse Logistics, where we work to drive cost and customer satisfaction improvements end-to-end in the return experience. We know customers don’t always love the product they receive. When they want to make a return our goal is to make the experience worry-free and affordable in order to contribute to the company’s growth trajectory and overall profitability. We are especially focused on maximizing resale potential on returned products in an operationally efficient and scalable way. These challenges are broad, business critical, technically complex and highly cross-functional.
We are looking for data-driven, impact-oriented, and intellectually curious Program Managers to join our Reverse Logistics team. The ideal candidate brings structured and logical planning, excellent communication skills, fluency in quantitative metrics and analysis, and a strong track record of cross functional team leadership to the role. We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and experiences (e.g., corporate, professional services, consulting, operations, analytics) in eCommerce and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with senior leaders field operations across Wayfair to continually identify data-driven opportunities, build cross-functional buy-in and commitment and deliver scale innovative solutions to challenging operational problems
- Apply structured planning approach to initiatives and evaluate progress to ensure that the timeline is followed steadily and consistently
- Identify, communicate and mitigate risks and roadblocks within a project
- Execute on various daily, weekly, and monthly tasks that are crucial to the advancement of the project, including scoping and executing pilot programs and tests
- Partner with analysts to build and maintain KPI reporting for pilots scale initiatives and own understanding of performance trends and opportunity areas
- Travel to Wayfair warehouse operations and build relationships with operational partners
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, Business Intelligence teams to drive results
- Be great to work with! We seek candidates with a positive attitude, collaborative spirit, passion for solving problems, and a sense of humor
Who You Are
- 3-4 years of professional experience
- A track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles, limited resources or landscape ambiguity
- Strong project management structured thinking skills
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and love for data analytics – able to draw insights from data and translate insights into actionable solutions
- Proficiency with Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated senior presence
- Clear track record of working effectively in cross-functional team situations
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Experience working with a physical operation preferred