We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Manage and develop training plans for service technicians, as well as Preventive Maintenance programs.
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across all levels in the organization
- Design solutions for difficult problems
- Manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, and handle multiple projects
- Meet timelines and develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals
What You’ll Need
- The ability to lift and move totes up to 49 pounds
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, techs, and encoders
- Ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet).
- Experience, proficiency, and knowledge in the following areas:
- Automated conveyors systems and controls, electrical and electronic principles, blueprint and electrical schematic reading, CMMS programs, preventative maintenance procedures, Industrial electricity, Industrial controls, Industrial Conveyor Systems, PLC programs. Industrial PC literacy, N.E.C.
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field or 4+ years’ apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field preferred.
- Ability to manage, lead, influence, provide enriched feedback, and communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors, and vendors a plus