Industrial Engineering Manager:
Do you love working in a fast paced, high-energy environment where every day is different? Do you have a passion to drive change and implement complex solutions that impacts an entire fulfillment network? Are you looking to make a difference, be empowered to own decisions, think quickly and act fast? If so, you are a great fit for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering team!
We are seeking individuals for Wayfair’s Industrial Engineering in the areas of facilities, design engineering, controls, and project management. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. This candidate must also have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges. A willingness to travel and tackle the unknown is highly desirable.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide engineering support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Manage and lead implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements
- Provide change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generate and assess metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews through the use of statistics and quality engineering tools
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Assist a team with the building and development of a network Labor Management System
- Space planning and layout design (AutoCad)
- Return on Investment / Operational audits
- Practice safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
- Knowledge of Labor Management Systems
- Technical background Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office is required to be successful in this role.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote including senior management/stakeholders.
- Excellent time management which results in an ability to handle multiple competing priorities and a strong customer focus
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Travel required – 20%
- Able to read and comprehend English to ensure your safety and the safety of those working around you