Wayfair’s Product team attracts entrepreneurial, value-oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Wayfair’s S&OP function sits at the center of the company’s supply chain. We work closely with the demand-planning teams to project Sales volumes for each of the 14 million SKUs in Wayfair’s catalog. We then turn that projection into a supply chain plan across more than 100 facilities, projecting the impact of that volume on all network assets: warehouse yard space, door utilization, warehouse rack space, ocean freight, rail and trucking, labor, and more. Our work helps to identify potential bottlenecks and risks and delivers a smooth flow of goods throughout our entire supply chain.
This Sr. Product Manager role will focus on S&OP for Wayfair’s Data Pipeline and Catalog team. Wayfair’s Data Pipeline and Catalog team was designed with the Supply chain stakeholders in mind: creating a product that leverages our scale, expertise, and advanced tech capabilities to have access to data in a standardized and secure fashion at the required grain. Supply chain team uses this data to generate advanced predictive insights that drive our Demand, Throughput, Capacity and Labor forecasts taking into account the ever changing realities on the ground reflected by the latest data. This role is global in scope, spanning operations in Asia, North American, and the EU.
What You'll Do
- You will build robust Data service (data pipeline and data catalog) that provides operating teams easy access to a standard, reliable and secure data service for their analytical modelling needs
- You will partner with the S&OP Engineering, Business and Product teams to scope, refine and build products that align with our business outcomes
- You will manage the core data platform that feeds other matrixed models, ensuring high quality data hygiene for all capacity and forecast-related inputs
- You will define API and authentication experience for both technical and non-technical users within S&OP
- You will participate in product architecture and design discussions
- You will define and continuously evolve KPIs to track and benchmark S&OP’s data services
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience in Product Management and 1+ years managing Product Managers with a demonstrated track record of successful product development execution and ongoing impact optimization
- Experience in developing standardized extensible data layer (Catalog/Canonical)
- Expertise in Master Data Management and Data Structure Modeling
- Experience in building and using Data Engineering and ingestion Pipeline products/solutions
- Subject matter expert and product expert in API based products
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record (Technical background)
- Demonstrated communication and stakeholder management skills
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for building functional and engaging user experiences
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced Agile organization
- Familiarity with Data engineering and SQL practices
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.