Supplier Performance Manager, Supplier Operations
Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial leader to build and execute strategy to help us transform a network of thousands of individual vendor businesses into a flawless fulfillment network. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Due to the high visibility with senior leadership throughout the organization, they must also possess strong senior presence. This person will be responsible for the coordination and alignment of a half dozen different operational groups to deliver drop-ship focused technical and logistical solutions within our network. The ideal candidate for this job has leadership experience in a matrix organization, where communication, influencing others and prioritization are as valued as much as project execution and opportunity identification.
We welcome applications from high caliber professionals who are looking for the next chapter of their careers, for whom home goods & décor are a meaningful arena to use the skills they developed in generalist business settings. Please reach out and highlight how your experience can be leveraged to contribute to the success of the next great e-commerce business.
About Our Teams:
Our Supplier Performance Teams are responsible for transforming a network of thousands of individual vendor businesses into a flawless fulfillment network. We manage the supplier fulfillment network for Wayfair, Joss & Main, All Modern, Wayfair Supply, Birchlane, and Perigold. In addition to working extensively with our external partners (suppliers, carriers), we are plugged into every department within the company – from finance to marketing.
What you will do:
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and collaborate to improve their operational performance
- Report performance trends and improvements to senior management
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Buying, Data Integration, and Warehouse Fulfillment
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers
- Travel to supplier warehouses to view their operations first hand
- Drive supplier adoption of key tools and technology (EDI, inventory, and supplier extranet)
You’re a great fit if you have:
- A Bachelor Degree
- 4+ years of e-commerce, retail merchandising or management consulting experience
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- A Track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills
- An Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager. Experience managing others preferred
- An Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- A Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.