We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space, and we’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. The Logistics Safety Team is responsible for driving our safety program initiatives across our entire distribution network. We are continuously evolving our culture through an inclusive approach to health and safety with the intent to reduce the probability and severity of work related injuries and illnesses, while ensuring compliance and adding value to the overall operation. This is a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional team, and we are looking for strategic and passionate people to join us on this mission at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- The ABDA Safety Manager will be responsible for the implementation and adherence of all aspects of our Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (Occupational Safety/Health Program) for the ABDA sites in their region.
- Analyze accident information, identify trends and key problem areas, and communicate to site leadership.
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and respond and aid in all emergency situations.
- Participate in development and implementation of hazard control method and safety procedures.
- Conduct inspections of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Partner with Terminal Managers, Regional Managers, Engineering, and Safety Committee to develop action plans to reduce workplace injuries and incidents, and promote employee engagement in health and safety programs.
- Partner with Management, as well as Operations and HR, to ensure all new hires receive safety orientation, and manage annual training requirements for existing employees.
- Ensure compliance with state & federal law as it applies to site as described in 29 CFR.
- Partner with ABDA Management and Safety team to develop, implement, and maintain driver safety programs for contract and Wayfair drivers.
- Ensure all required safety records, such as the OSHA 300 logs are accurately maintained in accordance with the law.
- Identify innovative ways to grow and maintain a strong safety culture and revamp employee safety training programs as necessary.
- Partner with Regional Safety Manager and other site Safety Supervisors to leverage safety and environmental best practices into overall standards.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
What You’ll Need
- Demonstrated knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills; case management skills.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal fire and safety regulations.
- Demonstrated ability facilitate training and work in a team environment and achieve results.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Work hours will be flexible to support multiple buildings with multiple shifts with dynamic changing business needs.
- Strong analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization; experience in a multi-shift operation a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or related field, preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in Occupational Health and Safety or related field within a distribution or manufacturing environment, preferred
Who We Are (Company)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.