We’re looking for an experienced performance architect to join our Development Platform teams and be part of an innovative, passionate group dedicated to making development an enjoyable experience.
In this role you will be primarily responsible for driving performance and stability improvements of various applications, the architecture and integrations to ensure optimal end user experience by working closely with Application development, SRE, Database and Data analysis teams. You will contribute towards building automation/monitoring/data analysis tools for our performance engineering platform that will help teams understand and make better decisions on how their applications perform and scale. You will bank on this data, learn and help model behavior of systems under stress. In addition, you will provide high level guidance for the design and development of automated performance tests – load, stress, reliability, failover testing as well as analysis, optimization, and providing performance tuning recommendations to development teams to increase developer velocity.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with team leads and other architects to develop end to end performance engineering strategies and approaches
- Provide technical recommendations for system performance measurement and analysis, scalable architecture and profiling/troubleshooting techniques
- Help define SLIs and SLOs for individual software components and scale platforms such as Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, Memcached, Aerospike, Solrcloud etc
- Influence and apply the latest APM/tracing tools and work collaboratively with development teams to enable quicker resolution of performance issues
- Assist application teams with identifying performance bottlenecks in containerized apps running on Kubernetes (on-prem and GKE)
- Demonstrate outstanding communication, flexibility, teamwork and leadership
What You'll Need
- At least 15 years of experience working as a performance engineer
- 5+ years of experience with high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems, stream-processing platforms, client-server architectures, cloud DevOps (Kubernetes)
- Solid understanding of On Prem to Cloud evolution as well as hands on experience working with public cloud (GCP/AWS)
- Understanding of software architecture to help software developers to leverage the platform with reliability
- Experience with open source load testing tools such as Apache JMeter, httperf etc and APM, infrastructure monitoring tools like DataDog, NewRelic, AppDynamics
- Software automation development skills (at least one) – Python, GO, Java, Ruby, C# or PHP
- Experience with SQL databases – querying, profiling and performance tuning
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.