We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do
- The Dock Clerk will be responsible for checking in and out trucks, managing the flow of trucks into and out of the building, auditing the yard, updating time critical documents, running reports, and communicating with various teams.
- Physically check in and out all trailers entering/exiting the yard and log trailer status. Log includes trailer number, seal number, trailer status (full or empty), tractor number, load number, date and time.
- Audit all inbound and outbound trailers on log sheet.
- Arrive and/or dispatch the loads into warehouse, transportation and yard management systems.
- Complete a daily yard check and reconcile the yard check with yard inventory.
- Plan and communicate trailer movement in the yard to the switchers, dock managers, and transportation planners.
- Direct drivers to appropriate locations in the yard for the drop-off and pick-up of trailers.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, and documentation.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment and a steady flow into the building.
What You’ll Need
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Service and/or warehousing and fulfillment experience.
- Ability to work all shifts and work overtime as required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate clearly in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, computer screen, telephone headset and telephone system.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 10 hours.
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations.