Who We Are
As an extension of Wayfair’s mission to transform how people shop for their homes, our Pop-Up Shops will open the door for new technology-enabled and service-focused brick & mortar experiences that help customers understand the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction. We are seeking enthusiastic and goal-oriented individuals to represent Wayfair in an upcoming Pop-Up Shop near you!
This is a Full-Time Contract Role, which will require a commitment of no more than 40 hours per week (Monday-Sunday) from July 18th - November 1st, 2019.
What You’ll Do
- Work directly with Experiential Marketing and Merchandise teams to bring the Pop-Up vision to life.
- Own staffing of the sales floor – both for customer assistance and service as well as tactical needs (restocking shelves, updating store layout, in-store visual merchandising).
- Oversee inventory management of the store with focus on reduction of carrying costs and cost of goods and ensuring rapid turnover of items on the retail floor.
- Provide regular reporting to senior leadership on program progress and business results
- Address and extinguish any escalated customer issues.
- Co-manage the staff and provide quick and direct feedback to underperforming team members
- Research trends, opportunities and competitors to discover new ways to improve customer experience.
- Create a vibrant store culture while leading, managing, coaching and motivating a team of retail specialists to create a fun, personalized, memorable and unique experience for customers.
What You’ll Need
- Availability to work July 18th - November 1, 2019.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule e.g. working evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Comfort working in a physical environment with capacity for standing up to 8 hours, reaching overhead, lifting up to 75 lbs., bending, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to rapidly adopt and use technology (both traditional and non-traditional retail) including the use of online tools, mobile and other electronic devices.
- 4+ years of experience in a retail or customer-facing environment and 2+ years of experience leading teams.
- Ability to timely and efficiently communicate synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Ability to “hit the ground running” and to adapt to changing needs of the business and changing priorities; thrives in a startup atmosphere.
- Proven ability to take ownership and accountability for establishing processes that ensure a consistent quality customer experience while achieving revenue/profitability goals.
- Strong organization, planning, multi-tasking, problem/conflict resolution, listening, interpersonal communications, and follow up skills.
- Strong independent judgment skills as well as the ability to make effective decisions quickly, with effective analytical skills.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing strategic orientation and operational efficiency to ensure we deliver what is “right” for the customer.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Who We Are (Company)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.