GM - Strategic Spend
Wayfair is looking for problem-solving entrepreneurs to join one of several positions created as part of a firm-wide Procurement transformation and sits on a Strategic Procurement team that jointly manages upwards of $1.5bn in spend. At Wayfair, we move extremely fast with a laser focus on customer success. That means we need people who focus on more than just cost. We need adaptable doers who are great at engaging with stakeholders, super spend data gurus, flexible and fast multi-taskers, and who possess a true total cost of ownership philosophy. We need the next generation of procurement talent!
As the GM of Strategic Spend you will act as a key thought partner to two of our key investment areas - Engineering and Logistics. You will work closely with senior leadership in these teams to make informed spend decisions that drive the best long-term value for the company. This role will be instrumental for driving operational excellence and offers an exceptional opportunity to develop global category sourcing strategies from the ground up, and on a challenging size and scale.
What You'll Do
- You will effectively manage numerous projects at a given time in rapidly evolving environment.
- You will collaborate with partners across the global business to tackle macro and micro-level issues.
- You will work to develop a structured approach to problem solving with limited oversight and direction.
- You'll create data-driven category strategies, sourcing activities, and spend baselines across multiple lines of our business, helping shape and challenge the business case for specific spend initiatives,
- You will drive the negotiation processes with vendors in your area to achieve the best commercial outcome, building appropriate relationships to support that.
- You'll develop trust within the businesses so that where there are conflicting priorities or other issues you can ensure that all involved understand the issues and can reach smart outcomes
What You'll Need
- Previous experience in consulting, banking, software engineering or strategic field.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 6+ years of experience in finance, strategy or software engineering with a track record of success. MBA preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment where strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities are a must.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An interest in technology and business operations, coupled with an ability to learn quickly.
- A track record of successful negotiation and relationship management skills.
- An ability to hit the ground running and learn quickly; a confident self-starter.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.