Manager, Operations Strategy & Analytics
Do you want to join the fastest growing start up within Wayfair? CastleGate is an entrepreneurial new business within Wayfair that is revolutionizing supply chain logistics and the order fulfillment process across Wayfair’s catalog of home goods. In this role, you will support rapid business growth by developing go-to-market strategies (i.e., pricing and operating model) for two very new businesses with CastleGate. Flex your conceptual and analytical problem solving skills in our highly collaborative and cross-functional team environment.
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one-day and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
What You'll Do
- Develop innovative analytical methodologies to answer strategic business questions across the organization
- Create visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights from various analyses
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand strategic knowledge gaps, and develop innovative solutions to generate new processes and insights
- Work closely with the team manager(s) to develop and follow project roadmaps, including key activities, stakeholder engagement, and milestones
- Contribute innovative and strategic ideas to help shape a relatively new team, and continue to drive impact across the organization
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (math, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, etc.)
- 4+ years of work experience startup in an analytical and/or client-facing role
- Strong quantitative skills; Demonstrated ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic; passionate about working with, normalizing, and synthesizing large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Attentive to detail with strong quality control
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Experience with VBA, Python, R or Tableau is a plus