Do you want to be a part of a collaborative team for a growing eCommerce company? We are looking to grow our IT Support Team by bringing on a talented, motivated intern looking for a broad scope of technical support.
The IT Support team facilitates the success of other departments in Wayfair by ensuring they have the IT resources and support they need to be able to be effective in their role. They fix what breaks, provide support on issues and provide equipment when needed.
Working primarily for the employees of the business they are vital in their ability to be effective in helping Wayfair's customer base. They help make doing the work that people need doing easier when things go wrong. Their work is interesting because it is varied and has a direct impact on people. From changing a mouse to getting information that was accidentally deleted on a major project restored they interact with all parts of the business at all levels.
What You'll Do
- Provide First level support to Wayfair employees for all IT-related concerns and technologies
- Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot hardware, software, and all types of computer peripherals
- Deploy, configure, and maintain loaner equipment
- Communicate effectively via phone, email, instant message and in person
- Troubleshoot and support our Ethernet networks (LAN/WAN) and VPN connectivity
- Help seek out and implement ways to make all system and process more efficient
- Support on-premises and/or remote workers
What You'll Need
- IT support experience with direct end-user interaction
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies - Active Directory experience, including user/computer, user profile, exchange and Group Policy Object management
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail, and desire for organization
- Scripting/automation experience with Powershell, SQL, PHP, or Bash, a huge plus but not required
- Experience with Service Now would be an advantage
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.