Wayfair Sales is a team that has reinvented the way you shop for the home you love! Our dedicated sales managers have experience developing future leaders and motivating teams, a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to improve operational efficiency through process improvement. Other critical success factors for this role include great problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box to resolve customer issues. This role may act as manager on duty in the absence of other managerial personnel.
What You'll Do
- Supervise a team of 15-18 Sales Consultants who preform sales activities including selling new products, responding to service/sales inquiries, retaining existing accounts, and problem resolution
- Makes recommendations and/or takes corrective action to manage performance as appropriate
- Works closely with Human Resources and senior leadership to address and resolve employee issues
- Analyzes sales/service trends based on historical data to close performance gaps
- Coaches and develops through side-by-side observations and quality assurance (call monitoring) reviews to develop soft skills and selling techniques
- Provides backup support by taking calls during staffing shortages, high volume activity or as needed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
What You'll Need
- Able to independently manage and drive personal workload
- Supervisory/leadership experience, preferably in an inbound sales and service operation
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- A competitive spirit and drive to succeed
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to close performance gaps
- Strong internet/PC skills – comfortable in a technology-driven business, strong skills in Excel
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- College degree preferred or equivalent job-related experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.