Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial leader to grow and direct strategy for our Order Management Operations Team. If you are a management consultant interested in directing your own teams, this position is for you.
You will be responsible for leading a group of managers who oversee our front line teams. The right candidate will bring a mix of analytical and process improvement skills as well as a strong track record of managing productive teams. Due to the high visibility this position would have to senior leadership, you must possess a strong, confident senior presence throughout the organization and experience managing managers. The ideal candidate for this job has strong leadership experience in a metrics driven environment and is motivated to work in and maintain a positive culture. We’re looking for an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in our fast-paced and rapidly growing company.
This position is based in Brunswick, ME but will require periodic travel to other Wayfair sites including our headquarters in Boston, MA.
- Lead the Maine-Based Supply Chain Integration Team
- Create and drive strategic roadmaps, in collaboration with peers, for transactional operations teams managing Supplier Onboarding, Supplier Inventory Compliance and Frontline Freight Management
- Work strategically with suppliers to continuously improve the customer experience
- Pivot as needed to address unanticipated challenges and complexity in the business model
- Deliver consistently on progress and KPIs, to Director and VP of department
- Collaborate with management, peers and direct reports to drive meaningful results
- Analyze and develop reports on monthly performance trends that clearly articulate milestones to senior leadership and establishes processes to continue improvement
- Move aggressively and quickly in a startup-like environment that leverages the resources of Wayfair
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes that make our team and suppliers more efficient and effective while always remaining focused on the customer experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- 3+ years strategy/management consulting experience preferred
- 5+ years of senior management experience with proven success developing your management team
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and “get it done” attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and headquarters teams
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets and using that analysis to drive business plans and priorities
- Ability to keep multiple functions moving forward at once
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.