Who We Are
We’re the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. We’re a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
How can we leverage AR to make it easier for our customers to imagine how furniture would fit in their space? How can we seamlessly connect them with gig economy assembly and installation pros to get that new chandelier installed before the next dinner party? If you're interested in answering these types of questions, you're the Experience Designer we're looking for.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Experience Designer, you will be responsible for designing how sale items and special promotional events are communicated across the storefront. You are gifted in UX design, are customer-centered, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities.
- Strategically design exciting and frictionless experiences for customers shopping sales - a specific kind of customer who enjoys the thrill of the hunt and scoring something special
- Drive urgency and excitement through timed events for brands and best-in-class products, as well as matching, bundling, and gifts with purchase
- Get to know our powerful promotions platform and how both curated collections and machine learning drive the shopping experience, intelligently surfacing the best deals at the right time
- Lean into data to guide design decisions; be curious and skeptical when interpreting data; ask the right questions to learn what data will support design iteration
- Create a compelling, consistent and trustworthy experience built on understanding of marketing drivers and customer intent
- Collaborate closely with product managers, researchers, engineers, analysts and marketing to design personalized and differentiated experiences that support business goals
- Design to consistently scale and leverage shareable components for web and app for our international sites and family of brands (Wayfair, Allmodern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main, Perigold)
- Deliver work that emphasizes the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work; deliver quick “napkin sketches” as appropriate to ideate; create high fidelity output using a global design system; embrace incremental changes to test and learn
- Report to the Design Manager of the Attract & Accelerate superpod
Best Candidates Will Be:
- Adaptable: You are comfortable with speed, change, and some ambiguity in a rapidly growing environment
- Curious: You desire to continuously learn and dig deeper beyond assumptions and data
- Able to drive design strategy: You have strong points of view “loosely held”
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Architecture, or related field
- 5+ years of professional UX experience
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to present and articulate ideas, openness to evolve opinions that challenge beliefs
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Sketch, Abstract, Invision, Framer, UX Pin, and Creative Suite
- Expertise in producing relevant deliverables, including detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.