The Real Estate team at Wayfair is responsible for delivering the physical footprint to support our growth. To-date, we occupy more than 12M sq ft of space around the world including, our headquarters locations in Berlin and Boston, Castle Gate fulfillment centers across Europe and North America and Customer Service locations in Germany, Ireland and the US. We are a small team that works collaboratively with business users across the company to define the needs of the business, find and stand-up new space.
What You'll Do
- Lead strategy and leasing activities for our European office and industrial footprints, including: corporate headquarters facilities in Berlin, Germany, European industrial footprint in Germany and the UK, field offices across Europe
- Collaborate with the EU leadership team, customer service, supply chain and operations teams to define space needs, drive site selection and identify new locations
- Consolidate current and future projects and requirements into a broad real estate strategy that pushes the company to think long term and allows us to “think like a developer,” not just a tenant
- Partner with Workplace Services and the Industrial Builds team to develop and execute a repeatable, end-to-end diligence and launch process for new locations
- Lead negotiation and execution of new leases, renewals, expansions, subleasing and other transaction types with landlords, brokers, legal team and local government representatives
- Build relationships with developers, landlords, brokers and other related internal and external stakeholders
- Work cross functionally US real estate team to ensure an integrated strategy that leverages our growing international scale
What You'll Need
- Extensive business experience including direct negotiation and comfort getting into the detail on a contracts and legal documents
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Law preferred
- Strong financial acumen
- Successful track record of managing external partners and leading multifunctional teams
- Senior presence and able to work side-by-side with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve objectives
- Moderate short duration travel, 1-2 day trips once or twice a month, within Europe. Quarterly travel to the US
- Fluent in German
- MBA preferred
- Background in strategic finance, management consulting, real estate investment/asset management or related fields preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.