Warehouse Administrative Assistant
We are Wayfair; we deliver a best-in-class customer experience in the furniture and home space because of people like you, who are driven, determined, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. In order to maintain our high level of delivery standards and meet our customer’s needs, the Wayfair Distribution team plays a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business. We’ve been busy building a best-in-class logistics network that allows us to delight customers by speeding up deliveries, adding services, and reducing damage using our own physical, asset-based warehouses. We are looking for talented hard-working individuals to join our growing team – your professional home awaits you at Wayfair!
What You’ll Do:
- In the Administrative Assistant role, you will support both warehouse operations and business functions. You will simultaneously balance multiple warehouse projects while providing general office support.
- You will perform extensive and accurate data entry, mine for data, and construct meaningful, actionable reports (e.g. creating monthly PowerPoint for the break room and updating our UPH forecast daily).
- You will be responsible for purchasing and managing the inventory of supplies for the warehouse.
- You will schedule all incoming truckload, LTL and shuttle shipments for the warehouse as well as all returns shipments; yard management.
- You will keep track of outbound truckloads.
- You will oversee the invoicing for maintenance and utilities weekly/monthly.
- You will retrieve all paperwork from each department daily and filing paperwork accordingly.
- You will perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned to you from time to time (i.e. process calls or emails to service customers when call demand dictates).
What You’ll Need:
- Excellent relationship building, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Service and warehousing/fulfillment experience.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to solve problems by thinking analytically, creatively, and handle stressful customer interactions via telephone and email.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, computer screen, telephone headset and telephone system.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8-hour period, and sometimes longer.
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations.