Who Are We?
ATCIE, otherwise known as Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering, is responsible for the development of all Wayfair proprietary Ad Tech, continuously delivering solutions which outperform all available commercial alternatives and handle keyword search optimization for hundreds of millions of dollars of annual ad spend and a product catalog with millions of distinct products.
As a founder-led company with a global footprint, we continue to look for pragmatic, innovative problem solvers to join our Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence Engineering team. You aren't married to any one language; object-oriented skills are great, functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well; Big Data and Database expertise are valuable too.
What You’ll Do
- Own one of our core platform teams from end to end
- Architect solutions at scale to empower the business
- Build relationships with technical leaders and business decision-makers to develop cross functional technology and enhance collaboration, information sharing, decision-making, and influence decisions
- Take operational ownership of the platform, advocating for best practices to ensure up-time/reliability
- Develop junior engineers and build an engaged team in addition to a successful platform
- Constantly re-evaluate the technology solutions by staying ahead of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Demonstrate strong motivation and drive to improve and develop the existing processes to the next level
- Be willing and ready to acquire new skills and knowledge to develop both professionally and personally
- Be a strong team player and work hard towards reaching team goals
What You’ll Need
- At least 7+ years of professional experience in a senior engineer or technical lead role
- Prior experience of leading/managing Engineers for at least 4 years
- Proven Manager with experience in big data, streaming technologies and/or RESTful web service development
- Driven engineering leader that can motivate creative thinkers and roll up your sleeves when necessary
- Experience with Java and/or Python
- Expertise in back-end or full-stack development including object-oriented programming and large systems design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
For bonus points, you will have:
- Experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Aerospike, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, Flink, Samza, Scala and RESTful web services
- Experience with event driven architecture and microservices at scale
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.