Who Are We?
ATCIE, otherwise known as Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Engineering, is responsible for the development of all Wayfair proprietary Ad Tech, continuously delivering solutions which outperform all available commercial alternatives and handle keyword search optimization for hundreds of millions of dollars of annual ad spend and a product catalog with millions of distinct products.
As a founder-led company with a global footprint, we continue to look for pragmatic, innovative problem solvers to join our Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence Engineering team. You aren't married to any one language; object-oriented skills are great, functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well; Big Data and Database expertise are valuable too.
What You’ll Do
Be a key contributing member on a team of high performing engineers that will shape the future of an internal ad tech company providing best-in-class technology solutions.
- Provide mentorship for peers and more junior engineers
- Pitch in as necessary outside of directly assigned work to ensure delivery of sprint targets
- Participate in criticals rotation for team and help individuals running point on criticals as necessary
- Work independently once direction is set, perform due diligence in finding answers before engaging others
- Prioritize your own work and manage timely responses to requests from users and customers
- Able to communicate in business or engineering terms as situations warrant
- Owns communications for issue or roadblock escalation and understands when and how to do so effectively
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software development
- Expertise in back-end or full-stack development including object-oriented programming and large systems design
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Functional programming and scripting skills
- Experience with Java and/or Python
- Experience with SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, T-SQL) & relational database schema design
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements
- Interest in big data and predictive analytics techniques or technologies (hands-on experience is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
For bonus points, you will have:
- Experience working with Hive, Aerospike, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, Flink, Samza, and RESTful web services
- Experience with event driven architecture and microservices at scale
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.