Who Are We?
The Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Team represents the services which collectively collect, process, and aggregate massive data which is consumed both in real time (Kafka) and batch processing (Spark) via HDFS (Presto/Hive). We collaborate very closely with Data Science, Marketing, and other Engineering teams to create and integrate various recommendation models and machine learning algorithms into our services.
As a founder-led company with a global footprint, we continue to look for pragmatic, innovative problem solvers to join our Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence Engineering team. You aren't married to any one language; object-oriented skills are great, functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well; Big Data and Database expertise are valuable too.
Who You Are:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Large systems design and development experience using an OO language
- Functional programming and scripting skills
- Experience with SQL (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, T-SQL) & relational database schema design.
- Experience gathering requirements from business stakeholders and deriving software requirements.
- Interest in big data and predictive analytics techniques or technologies (hands-on experience a plus
- Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.