Wayfair is looking for an experienced professional to own the roadmap and analytics behind our search bidding algorithms. Our search channel ensures that Wayfair captures as much demand as possible from customers when they are most-in market, driving ~20% of Wayfair visits and significant revenue for the business. Our bidding models are the core driver of our search program, enable us to continue to grow the channel within very tight ROI targets. The Manager of Bidding & Optimization will use advanced analytics to identify new bidding approaches and develop decision support tools to ensure our programs are operating effectively.
This is an enormous opportunity to own a function that is critical to Wayfair’s overall success and is high visibility. The scope of this role while likely only grow over time.
Your work will unlock significant growth for the search program. You will also work closely with a dedicated team of data scientists, technical product managers, and engineers to refine and operationalize your work.
This opening is tailor-made for a professional who truly thrives at the intersection of technology, engineering, and business decision-making.
What you’ll do:
- Own and develop the strategic analytic agenda across the search channel to unlock insights and guide the business – everything from identifying, testing and optimizing new features to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor
- Perform deep-dive analysis in SQL, Python, and R, including the application of advanced analytical techniques, to solve some of the toughest customer segmentation, targeting, and bidding problems we have on paid search
- Comprehend, extract, and massage information from multi-terabyte data sources including sales, clickstream, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations
- Proactively identify areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add and setting the analytics road map
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organizationBuild tools to automatically identify opportunities to expand / improve our search campaigns
What you’ll need:
- Experience with SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) and structured computer programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, R, SAS)
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record; Masters or PhD preferred
- Experience with experimental design and/or statistical analysis to drive business decision-making
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) or BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, and innovative analytical organizations
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.