Senior Finance Analyst, Fulfillment Operations
Our team is building Fulfillment Centers with millions of possibilities (and Sq FT)! We are looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Senior Analyst to drive critical projects that promote efficiency of Wayfair’s major supply chain and operations initiatives. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to make informed business decisions and communicate findings to senior leaders. As a central member of the team, you will provide real time financial visibility to leadership in order to make better operational decisions as we scale the Fulfillment network. The Strategic Operational Finance organization sits between the Operations and Finance departments to help drive the strategy of critical operations initiatives across all Wayfair geographies (EU, US) and brands (Wayfair, All Modern, Joss and Main, Dwell Studios, Birch Lane, and CastleGate Fulfillment).
What You'll Do
- You will lead programs across the Fulfillment operations network, using data to inform strategic and financial Sample projects include:
- You will develop model to allocate costs in the warehouse; analyze actual data to understand cost drivers
- You will build scenario models for launch of new initiatives
- You will translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through data analyses; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- You'll develop reporting metrics and present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive financial and operational strategy
- You will partner with business stakeholders to generate financial forecast, plan capital projects, and review business decisions. Track performance against forecasts to identify and communicate risks and opportunities for the business
What You'll Need
- At least 2+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role with experience analyzing data
- A degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working within large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs