Senior Finance Analyst, Fulfillment Operations
Our team is building Fulfillment Centers with millions of possibilities (and Sq FT)! We are looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Senior Analyst to drive critical projects that promote efficiency of Wayfair’s major supply chain and operations initiatives. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to make informed business decisions and communicate findings to senior leaders. As a central member of the team, you will provide real time financial visibility to leadership in order to make better operational decisions as we scale the Fulfillment network. The Strategic Operational Finance organization sits between the Operations and Finance departments to help drive the strategy of critical operations initiatives across all Wayfair geographies (EU, US) and brands (Wayfair, All Modern, Joss and Main, Dwell Studios, Birch Lane, and CastleGate Fulfillment).
What You'll Do
- You will lead programs across the Fulfillment operations network, using data to inform strategic and financial Sample projects include:
- You will develop model to allocate costs in the warehouse; analyze actual data to understand cost drivers
- You will build scenario models for launch of new initiatives
- You will translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through data analyses; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- You'll develop reporting metrics and present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive financial and operational strategy
- You will partner with business stakeholders to generate financial forecast, plan capital projects, and review business decisions. Track performance against forecasts to identify and communicate risks and opportunities for the business
What You'll Need
- At least 2+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role with experience analyzing data
- A degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working within large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.