Senior Manager, New Customer Strategy & Operations
The B2B Strategy & Operations team develops the go-to-market strategy and operating model for Wayfair’s B2B business, Wayfair Professional. We help drive both long-term thinking about what customer experience will maximize profitable growth and shorter-term measures improving operational efficiency. We do this in partnership with a sales organization of over 500 agents delivering a nine-figure annual revenue target. Wayfair Professional helps hundreds of thousands of businesses to create the perfect space for their clients, guests and employees. We serve customers in the Office, Hospitality, Interior Design, Contractor, Property Management and other sectors, with a broad assortment across furniture, fixtures and decor. Wayfair Professional has nearly tripled in size over the past 24 months, and we are seeking to expand and upgrade the strategic capabilities that support our growing sales team.
What You'll Do
- As the Senior Manager of New Customer Strategy & Operations, you will be responsible for making sure the experience for customers new to "Wayfair Professional" makes them want to shop with us again and again.
- Partner with a cross-functional team including Marketing, Sales, Product, and Finance among others.
- Determine how our sales team should interact with new customers.
- Identify opportunities to improve our operating model to improve efficiency across our sales ecosystem.
- Lead diagnostic analysis to understand and influence the health of our business.
- Introduce new initiatives into the Sales organization.
- Influence the long-term strategy for Wayfair Professional. Your output won’t just live on a PowerPoint page, but in the actions of hundreds of sales professionals and associated teams as part of a nine-figure, rapidly-growing business
What You'll Need
- Given the strategic and cross-functional nature of this role, a qualified candidate must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, as well as excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and managing cross-functional projects required.
- Experience managing a high-performing team, and a track record of developing talent required.
- Experience working in a fast-growth company or shaping your own work plan preferred.
- Previous experience in one of the following roles preferred: strategy consulting (ideally with exposure to sales strategy, go-to-market strategy, call center operations, or customer experience strategy); inbound sales strategy; call center / contact center strategy & operations or transformations; customer success strategy & operations; or customer experience strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree and six+ years of experience required. MBA (or master’s degree in operations research, or similar field) a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.