Manager, B2B Strategic Planning
The B2B Strategy & Operations team develops the go-to-market strategy and operating model for Wayfair’s B2B business, Wayfair Professional. We help drive both long-term thinking about what customer experience will maximize profitable growth and shorter-term measures improving operational efficiency. We do this in partnership with a sales organization of over 500 agents delivering a nine-figure annual revenue target. Wayfair Professional helps hundreds of thousands of businesses to create the perfect space for their clients, guests and employees. We serve customers in the Office, Hospitality, Interior Design, Contractor, Property Management and other sectors, with a broad assortment across furniture, fixtures and decor. Wayfair Professional has nearly tripled in size over the past 24 months, and we are seeking to expand and upgrade the strategic capabilities that support our growing sales team.
What You'll Do
- As the Manager of Strategic Planning, you will shape the long-term vision of the B2B organization.
- Be responsible for building a strategic practice for Wayfair’s B2B organization. This will include building a team and best practices to drive business model innovation, competitive intelligence, risk management, scenario planning, and diagnostic analysis.
- Identify opportunities for (or threats to) future value creation by gathering insights about our customers’ needs, our competitors’ actions, and our sales staff’s operations.
- Develop and manage repeatable processes for synthesizing these insights into a coherent cross-functional plan in partnership with the full B2B business unit.
- Work with leaders in sales, product, marketing, pricing, etc. to gain alignment on this vision and how we can best implement practices moving forward.
What You'll Need
- Given the strategic and cross-functional nature of this role, a qualified candidate must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, including the ability to translate big picture thinking to financial results, as well as excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and managing cross-functional projects required.
- Experience managing a high-performing team, and a track record of developing talent required.
- Experience working in a fast-growth company or shaping your own work plan preferred.
- Experience in one of the following is preferred: strategy consulting (with exposure to business unit strategy, go-to-market strategy, and/or customer experience strategy); leading a team/function at an organization scaling rapidly (good product-market fit, growing >30% YoY at a sustained rate and improving profitability); and/or large scale transformation or change management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience required. MBA a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.