Wayfair is seeking a Human Resources Generalist for our distribution center in Mississauga, Ontario. This position will typically follow an 8-hour work day, Tuesday to Saturday, from 2:00pm – 10:00pm with some flexibility needed occasionally to meet business demands.
As a member of the Human Resources Team, you will impact the lives of every Wayfair team member through benefits administration, management of employee-focused policies, new employee onboarding, and employee engagement, incentives and relations. The Human Resources team makes sure the fun, hardworking, and innovative culture of Wayfair are constants in the work lives of our employees.
What You'll Do
- Foster a positive organizational culture; live and demonstrate daily the Wayfair values by organizing, communicating, participating and executing employee relations and employee engagement activities
- Data entry and maintenance of the employee database using HRIS system; conduct routine audits to ensure the integrity of all data
- Support the full cycle of on-boarding for employees in the HRIS (Workday), benefits and other internal systems
- Create and manage employee work schedules in the HRIS as needed
- Enter, update and maintain employees in the time clock system i.e. password and finger prints
- Verse in WSIB and OSHA compliance. Support employee claims and return to work programs
- Conduct employee investigations and manage entry of incidents in the case management system
- Reporting and data analytics examples, headcount, attrition, turnover analysis
- Exercise knowledge of ESA and human rights legislation
- Create and review policies and training that meet Canadian legal requirements
- Support performance management and compensation administration
- Assist with Group health, RSP and EAP benefits administration and programs
- Work closely with Workforce Management (WFM) and payroll on issues of attendance, employee scheduling, leaves of absence, etc.
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years of experience in a dedicated HR generalist role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field, or equivalent experience
- CHRP or CHRL preferred
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, written and communication skills
- Excellent and proven computer skills including Google programs, Microsoft Excel and HRIS systems
Wayfair complies with federal and provincial disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Wayfair Recruiting
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.