Customer Service Trainer
The Trainer will conduct and facilitate various training programs, including new hire on-boarding, coaching and progressive development of basic sales and customer service behaviors, ongoing up-skill training, as well as other training dictated by business needs. They will also be responsible for identifying training needs, training sales and service staff, and developing training materials as needed. This includes initial orientation/new hire training, ongoing up-skill training, and project-specific training for sales & service staff. The primary audience will be call center employees, but may include other employees.
What You'll Do
- Work with sales and service teams to ensure training consistency across sites and within training team
- Lead classroom training using sound facilitation techniques and monitor new employee training to ensure courses are completed in a timely manner and tracked for completion
- Design and develop training materials as needed for classroom use
- Develop and conduct new hire on-boarding training, as well as other training as needed
- Provide on-the-job coaching and performance management of new hires during nesting
- Provide regular performance reporting of new hires during nesting to operational management team
What You'll Need
- At least 2 years prior experience as a trainer in a classroom setting preferred, particularly in a call center environment, or a degree in a learning & development field.
- Proven ability to create training materials using basic instructional design methods.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills before large groups, preferably in a classroom setting
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; must be flexible and able to adjust to frequent changes in training priorities and schedules to accommodate business needs including nights and weekends.
- Proven ability to work well as a team player as well as work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Good organizational skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in a Call Center is preferred.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.