Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to lead transportation planning and optimization product team, that is responsible for building innovative algorithm-driven decision support products to enable network wide optimization.
You will lead a team of product managers and work closely with Operations, Engineering, Sales & Operations Planning, Logistics and Finance to identify, define and develop innovative solutions to plan and optimize transportation network. You will drive product prioritization, requirement creation, product development and deployment execution with Engineering, and lead post-deployment support.
The successful candidate needs to be self-motivated and thrive in a constantly-evolving business environment. This role offers the opportunity to make business-critical decisions and includes significant visibility and collaboration with senior leaders across several Wayfair functions.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a customer-centric product leader to create a new benchmark for technology driven transportation to orchestrate the ecosystem of Suppliers, Carriers and Wayfair assets in ecommerce industry.
What you will do:
- Build technology solutions to plan and optimize transportation network with an objective function to minimize cost within business and operational constraints
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of the team’s initiatives
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update key partners and stakeholders
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers
- Work closely with senior management across Wayfair to ensure vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Subject matter familiarity in building optimization and simulation models
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Strong management skills and “get it done” attitude
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- 5+ years product management experience working with operational systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Educational background in either technical or supply chain operations related field preferred
- Experience in managing a function in supply chain, logistics or warehousing preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.